Monday, September 1, 2014

Something Wicked...coming October 1st


You all know what happens when like-minded bloggers start talking on social media...plans are inadvertently hatched and it becomes A Thing.  In this case, my buddy and twin in all things scary, Ti of Book Chatter, mentioned she was going to read "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by Ray Bradbury for Halloween.  I quickly hopped over to Amazon and read the synopsis...two boys and an evil carnival?  Ha!  You guys know I couldn't say no to that, and thus we decided to make it a readalong.  Here are the details:

Hosted by Ti (Book Chatter) and Sandy (You’ve Gotta Read This!)
- The read along begins on October 1, 2014 and ends on October 31, 2014
- This read along will take place mostly on Twitter using the hashtag#EnterTheRingmaster. Use the hashtag to share your thoughts while reading. Search for that hashtag on Twitter to see what readers are saying.
- The book is short and broken down into three sections.  I will be listening to this on audio, and Ti will be reading it on Kindle, thus no page numbers, so for those who want structure, here are some guidelines:
  • Finish Section 1 (Chapters 1-24) by Friday, October 10th
  • Finish Section 2 (Chapters 25-44) by Friday, October 24th
  • Finish Section 3 (Chapters 45-54) by Friday, October 31st
- On each of those dates, Ti will try to post a little update on her blog for anyone who’d rather chat there.  I will probably talk about it on my Sunday posts.

Doesn't this sound like fun?  While we were hatching our plan, I also noticed that not only was there a movie made based on the book, but there are evil carnival-themed movies that I may be watching as well, provided they are on Netflix.  I'll make sure and post about those too as the time gets closer, if you want to watch with me (if you dare!).  I also understand that the new "American Horror Story" (premiering October 10) has a freak show theme.  So!

We did learn that the cover is in redesign, so there aren't copies of the thing readily available at the bookstores, which is why we are giving you a head's up now.  Ti tells me the Kindle version is somewhere around $5.

If you want to join us, head on over to Ti's place to register with Mr. Linky!



7 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

An evil carnival is only slightly different than an evil circus or an evil doll that comes to life! LOL

Jenny said...

This sounds good! I mentioned it to Jason and we may both join in on this as well!

Ti said...

Killer Clowns from Outer Space was on Netflix the last time I checked. LOL.

I can't wait to read this one. I have wanted to read it in like, forever.

Plus, for those of us that do Carl's R.I.P challenge this can count towards that.

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Dagnabbit. Just when I thought I had my reading choices down, I read this! Okay, let me see what I can do...

Beth F said...

You know me ... I don't do spooky. But have fun!

caite said...

oh no...clowns scare me...

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't mind giving it a try but I really don't do Twitter.