Wednesday, June 5, 2013

New on the iPod

 The manic uploading of audios has slowed a bit here lately, but still have a number of additions to tell you about.










Insomnia by Stephen King (received from Orange County Library, impulsively ordered while I was trying to find an audio of "Carrie")

Synopsis from Amazon:  
Nightmares come to life for Ralph Roberts. Up all night, he's seeing some pretty strange things. No wonder he can't get back to sleep. Readers won't be able to either.

Narrator:  Eli Wallach
Listening length:  25 hours, 39 minutes

I've read this book before, long long ago, and absolutely loved it.  It broke my heart.  I saw that my library had it on audio and saw that Eli Wallach was narrating, and couldn't resist.


 Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff (received from Orange County Library and inspired to order it after seeing all the great reviews of his newer book "Frozen in Time")

Synopsis from Amazon:  An e
xhilarating, untold story of an extraordinary World War II rescue mission, where a plane crash in the South Pacific plunged a trio of U.S.military personnel into a land that time forgot.

Narrator:  Mitchell Zuckoff (author)
Listening length:  8 hours, 32 minutes




Silken Prey by John Sandford (received from Penguin Audio)

Synopsis:  23rd installment of the Lucas Davenport Prey series.  I've read every single one of them and I'm not stopping now.  This is a character who never goes stale.

Narrator:  Richard Ferrone
Listening length:  12 hours, 18 minutes




12 comments:

Beth F said...

I really have to get to the Prey books

bermudaonion said...

I'm jealous of Silken Prey - I didn't get that one and I do love Lucas!

Unknown said...

Lost in Shangri-La is a book I've had my eye on for a while. I hope you enjoy it!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I read only one Sanford and while I liked it, for some reason I never went back. I need to do that!

Ti said...

Silken Prey is one of the books King recommends this summer!

I started Joyland last night. So far, it's pretty tame but classic King.

The Relentless Reader said...

I want to get to Lost in Shangri-La! I recently finished Frozen in Time and it was fantastic!

Literary Feline said...

Lost in Shangri-La is so good, Sandy. Better than Frozen in Time (not that you've read/listened to that one yet). I hope you like it!

Michele said...

Lost in Shangri-La I have in dead-tree format and must must must get around to reading it...heard such fabulous things!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

I am on such a King kick this year. I read The Shining, just finished The Green Mile and am planning on reading Under the Dome and 11/22/63 this year. I'm addicted.

Darlene said...

I wouldn't mind listening to Insomnia. His books are great on audio. I'm listening to Under the Dome right now and it's really good.

Iliana said...

25+ hours of a King book. Wow. I keep thinking I would get more books "read" if I tried audio as I have quite a commute but I've tried and I can't do audio books. My mind starts to wander :)

Julie P. said...

My dad loved LOST IN SHANGRI-LA!